J. David Wicker
Location: Nashville, TN
David Wicker is a real estate attorney in the Nashville office. From acquiring raw land and obtaining lending on the land to the project's development, lease-up and ultimate disposition, he represents clients in all aspects of real estate transactions. His practice regularly involves providing guidance on corporate and commercial transactions, forming and modifying business entities, commercial real estate development, and working with both borrowers and lenders on loan transactions.
- Represented privately held restaurant on the leasing and expansion of its locations throughout the southeast
- Completed the acquisition of historic downtown building, the subsequent restructuring of it into a mixed-use development, and the financing related to same
- Successfully argued and defended client’s construction project before the Metropolitan Board of Zoning Appeals
- Advised on the formation and operation of business entities for Tennessee-based real estate development companies
- Acted as Tennessee counsel for lender in large, multi-state lending transactions
- Obtained settlement in excess of half a million dollars for the homeowner association of luxury condominium high rise in a coverage dispute
- Provided counsel to the board of a homeowners association of a large mixed-use luxury condominium regarding litigation avoidance and revisions to the governing documents
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Tennessee Series LLC Basics: Liability Separation with a Single Entity," with Michael S. Goode, Stites & Harbison Legal Update, April 25, 2016
Before Stites & Harbison
Before joining the firm, David had his own real estate law firm in Nashville.
More Than Stites & Harbison
David is active in the Davidson County community and has previously served on boards such as the Nashville Education, Community and Arts Television Corporation, Friends of Shelby Park, and the Tennessee Chapter of Community Associations Institute. He also is an active fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee.
Besides Stites & Harbison
When not in the office, David can usually be found attending a show at the historic Ryman Auditorium or taunting the opposing team at a Nashville Predators hockey game. He also enjoys running and has completed the Country Music Marathon (2006, 2007) and the NYC Marathon (2015).
Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law Class of 2013
American Bar Association, 2010-12 Business Law Section Fellow
Nashville Young Leaders Council, Class of 2010
- Metropolitan Nashville Sports Authority, Board of Directors
- Rotary Club of Nashville, Member