Emily Larish Startsman
Location: Lexington, KY
Emily Larish Startsman is an attorney in the firm’s Lexington office where she is a member of the Torts and Insurance Practice Service Group. Emily has handled a variety of litigation matters for insurance companies, medical providers, corporations, and local businesses. Her focus includes medical malpractice, products liability, and a variety of personal injury matters.
- Obtained summary judgment on middleman defense in products liability action in federal court.
- Successfully drafted, argued and won motions to dismiss in multiple state and federal cases involving employment law, products liability, and breach of contract claims.
- Defend Kentucky-area hospitals, physicians, and emergency medical services providers in medical malpractice and wrongful death litigation.
- Draft appellate briefs in medical malpractice and landlord-tenant dispute cases.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
Before Stites & Harbison
Prior to joining Stites & Harbison, Emily served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Danny C. Reeves, U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of Kentucky.
Besides Stites & Harbison
In her free time, Emily enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with her family.
- The Nest - Center for Women, Children and Families, Board of Directors; HR Committee (2016-19)