David C. Brown
Location: Louisville, KY
David C. Brown has practiced with the firm since 1964. He has held several management positions including Managing Partner from 1986-93. David's practice is primarily devoted to engagements involving electric energy and utility regulation.
- Represent Rio Tinto Alcan in electric utility matters, negotiations and litigation involving Big Rivers Electric Corporation from 1978 to present
- Represented Kroger Co. in statewide rate cases of Louisville Gas & Electric Co. and Kentucky Utilities Co. from 2004 to 2014
- Led a team of attorneys and consultants from 1984 to 1998 and again from 2004 to 2009 on behalf of the Kentucky aluminum smelting industry to restructure Big Rivers Electric Corp. and obtain smelter power rates
What Clients Say
. . . smart and diligent . . .
. . . well-regarded . . . wealth of practical experience . . .
More Than Stites & Harbison
Mr. Brown previously served on the Board of Directors of the Olmsted Parks Conservancy. He has previously been involved with Depression Center at the University of Louisville Center for Excellence, Greater Louisville Economic Development Partnership, Alexis de Tocqueville Society, Louisville Orchestra, St. Francis School and WLKY-TV Spirit of Freedom Foundation. Mr. Brown is also a longtime member of The Law Club and The Lawyers Club, local professional clubs in Louisville. David is married to Dr. Barbara M. Baker and has three children and six grandchildren, leaving little time for his golf game.
Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business," Environmental, Natural Resources and Utilities: Utilities (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Louisville Olmstead Parks Conservancy, Trustee
- University of Louisville Depression Center, Advisory Counsel member