Andrew J. Poltorak
Location: Covington, KY
Andrew is a member of the firm’s Construction Service Group with a focus on complex commercial litigation. He is experienced in representing publicly traded companies, private family owned businesses, and individuals in state and federal jurisdictions, arbitration proceedings, and pre-litigation claim management. In managing any case, Andrew implements a project management approach in working towards a successful result.
- Involved in the successful resolution of an owner’s claims against a contractor stemming from the deficient design and manufacture of an automated food handling system
- Involved in the successful representation of a contractor in obtaining timely payment on a public project through preserving and asserting statutory lien rights
- Involved in obtaining a temporary restraining order and permanent injunction on behalf of a family owned business to prevent the theft of trade secrets
- Involved in obtaining zoning commission approvals for new residential developments on behalf of publicly traded homebuilder
- Involved in the successful representation of a publicly traded company in defending against intentional tort claims
- Involved in the successful defense of a national contractor related to Ohio worker’s compensation claims though dispositive motions
- Involved in the successful arbitration of claims by a consultant under an Integrated Project Delivery Agreement
- Involved in the successful removal of a overstated mechanic’s lien on public school project
- Involved in the successful representation of company in ensuring commercial general liability coverage for first-party claims
- Represented owner in the negotiation of a complex construction agreement for the installation of a unique domed facility
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "The Ultimate Battle to Enforce Timely Payments," Stites & Harbison Client Alert, July 17, 2018
- "Legal Updated Regarding Status of the Waters of the U.S.," ABC Northern Kentucky Chapter, May 2018
Before Stites & Harbison
Andrew has served the construction industry since graduating from Clemson University in 2005 – first as a project manager for a residential homebuilding company, and more recently as counsel to owners, contractors and subcontractors. He enjoys getting involved at various stages of a project.
Prior to joining Stites & Harbison, Andrew worked in the litigation practice group for a large law firm in Cleveland, Ohio.
Besides Stites & Harbison
Andrew is the proud father of two young daughters and is actively involved in regular renovation projects.