Amber D. Nicely
Location: Louisville, KY
Amber Nicely is Counsel with the firm and practices in the firm’s Business Litigation group. Amber has a diverse litigation practice with a focus on class action defense, shareholder dissenters’ rights and derivative claims, complex franchise litigation, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, and professional liability defense. She also has developed significant experience in managing large-scale document productions and electronic discovery. Amber is a member of the firm’s ethics committee, and advises both the firm and her clients on various ethical issues and conflicts analysis.
- Coordinated the defense of hundreds of complex tort cases for an international friction materials manufacturer against claims of alleged asbestos exposure
- Obtained complete dismissal via motion to dismiss of multi-million dollar breach of contract and trade secret claims against international restaurant brand
- Obtained complete dismissal via motion to dismiss of shareholders’ class action claims for injunctive relief to prevent merger of two Kentucky banks
- Obtained complete dismissal via summary judgment of class action claims against nationwide charitable organization for breach of contract, promissory estoppel, and violations of the Kentucky Consumer Protection Act
- Obtained complete dismissal via summary judgment of multi-million dollar tort and contract claims brought against international restaurant brand in a commercial arbitration
- Obtained complete dismissal via summary judgment of asbestos claims against defense organization in national asbestos multi-district litigation
- Efficiently managed large-scale electronic discovery in bankruptcy adversary proceedings, complex environmental litigation, administrative matters, and SEC investigations
More Than Stites & Harbison
Amber is a mentor for local law students in connection with her involvement in the local chapter of the Women Lawyers' Association. She is an active volunteer at Brandeis Elementary School, which is a county-wide math, science, and technology magnet school. Amber has also served on the Board of Directors for the Kentucky state-wide Court Appointed Special Advocate Program and has acted as a volunteer lawyer for the Center for Women and Families in Louisville. In her spare time, Amber enjoys reading, traveling, hiking, and enjoying Louisville’s great local restaurants with her husband and daughter. She has recently developed a love for running, and is currently training for her next half marathon.
- Center for Women and Families, volunteer attorney
- Dress for Success, Louisville chapter
- Kentucky CASA, Board of Directors