Allyson True Cook
Location: Covington, KY
Allyson True Cook is Counsel in the firm's Covington, Kentucky office. Her practice focuses on construction, real estate, commercial finance, healthcare, general business services, and business litigation. She counsels clients in the acquisition, sale, development, leasing, construction and financing of industrial, commercial and residential properties. She also advises clients regarding business opportunities available for small and minority/women certified owned businesses, and routinely drafts, negotiates and reviews contracts for clients.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Doing the Right Thing, But Not Doing It Right, Can Be Fatal: The False Claims Act," Stites & Harbison Client Alert, April 11, 2018
- "Nonprofit Boards: What You Should Know Before Serving on a Board," Kentucky Bar Association Bench & Bar, January/February 2018
More Than Stites & Harbison
Ms. Cook was named Corporate Advocate of the Year in 2015 at the Ohio Valley Women's Business Council Catch the Wave Conference. In 2011, she was a nominee for Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky and received the Wilbert L. Ziegler Award in 2009.
Ms. Cook is very involved in her community. She is a past board chair for NorthKey Community Care, Inc. and presently serves as a member of the Board. She is also on the Board of Directors for Northern Kentucky MHMR Properties, and is chair for the Advisory Board for the Women's Business Center of Kentucky. Ms. Cook is very active with the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce where she is involved with several committees. She is an active volunteer with the Ohio River Valley Women's Business Council which is a regional partner organization with the Women's Business Enterprise National Council ("WBENC").
Corporate Advocate of the Year, Ohio River Valley Women's Business Counsel Catch the Wave Conference, 2015
- NorthKey Community Care, Inc., Executive Committee, 1998, 2000-present; Finance Committee, 1998, 2007-present; Program Planning & Evaluation Committee, 1998-99 and 2012-present (Past Board Chair, 2012-14; Chair, 2010-12; Vice-Chair, 2008-10; Secretary, 2006-08; Treasurer, 2004-06; Hospital/Inpatient Services Subcommittee, Chair 1998-2005, Member 2007-11; Mental Health Subcommittee, 1998-2003; Nominations Committee, 1998-2000; Personnel Committee, 2002-02 and 2005-06)
- Five Seasons Sports Country Club, Board of Governors, 2001-14
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Ladies Golf Outing Committee, 2008-present; Women's Initiative Annual Breakfast, 2010-present; Women's Initiative Special Events Committee, 2010-present; Women's Initiative On the Road Committee, 2015-present
- Ohio River Valley Women's Business Council, Volunteer, 2009-present (Marketing Committee, Chair, 2010-13; Steering Committee, 2011-14)
- Northern Kentucky MHMR Properties, Board of Directors, 2010-present
- She's All That, Inc., Advisory Board Member, 2015-16
- Women's Business Center of Kentucky, Advisory Board Member, 2015-present; Board Chair (2017)
- The Spirit of Construction Foundation, 2015 Annual Celebration of Construction Gala, Silent Auction Committee, 2015