University of Kentucky College of Law
J.D., summa cum laude, 2007
Valedictorian; Order of the Coif; Kentucky Law Journal, Notes Editor; CALI Awards in Advanced Torts, Corporate Finance Law, Internet Law and Professional Responsibility; Colvin P. Rouse Award for Best Writing for the Kentucky Law Journal; Publication: "Fencing in the Frontier: A Look into the Limits of Mail Fraud," 95 Kentucky Law Journal 789 (2007)
Saint Mary's College
B.B.A., summa cum laude, 2004
Accounting with minor in U.S. History
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- Product Liability
- Torts & Insurance Practice
- Toxic Tort & Environmental Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Class Action, Mass Action & Multi-District Litigation
- Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, and Healthcare Litigation
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
Kristen K. Orr is an attorney in the firm's Lexington office where she is a member of the Torts & Insurance Service Group, the Aviation Practice Group and the Class Action / Mass Action Practice Group. Her focus includes medical malpractice, mass tort actions, and a variety of personal injury matters.
- Trial experience in medical malpractice and toxic tort cases.
- Defended action involving several hundred plaintiffs involving alleged damages from a chemical release. Member of trial team at the two major federal trials that resulted from the release.
- Obtained summary judgment in state court in case involving personal injury, which was affirmed on appeal.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "Navigating the Daubert Landscape," ABA Product Liability Section of Litigation, Winter 2013, Vol. 24, No. 1
- "Evolving Trends Concerning Daubert's Role During Class Certification Proceedings," May 2012
- "The 'Firefighter's Rule' protects negligent citizens," co-author, Stites & Harbison, PLLC, Client Alert, November 2, 2011
- "Recent Developments in Aviation Case Law," September 15, 2011
- "Products Liability 2008: A Year in Review," update of landmark cases for ABA Section of Litigation seminar, January 2009
- "Practice in Federal Courts," update of chapter in New Lawyers Handbook, Kentucky Bar Association, October 2008
Before Stites & Harbison
Prior to joining the firm, Kristen served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jennifer B. Coffman, United States District Court Judge for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky.
During law school, Kristen participated in the University of Kentucky Law Legal Clinic, where she advised, counseled, and represented low-income individuals in civil matters.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Kristen serves as the Communications Chair for DuPont Women Lawyer's Network.
Besides Stites & Harbison
Kristen enjoys traveling and spending time with her family.